SCREENING PROCEDURES FOR SPECTATORS
Security screening procedure at the IAAF World Relays Bahamas 2017 will be significantly heightened. There will be police and security at every entrance (including the athlete’s entrances) to thoroughly check and wand contents of bags and your person as you enter the Thomas A Robinson National Stadium.The procedure will take time so please allow ample time to get into the facility each day. We strongly recommend that spectators minimize the number and size of all items that is carried into the stadium.
We urge spectators to bring nothing larger than a very small purse or bag. The Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium Staff, Security, and The Royal Bahamas Police Force will not hold prohibited or excluded items for spectators.
The following list is a guide only. It is not intended to be all inclusive.
1. Weapons of any kind (knives, firearm, pocket knives)
3. Video recording equipment
4. Narcotic Drugs
5. Lighters, matches
6. Laser lights and pointers
10. Pepper spray
11. Containers of any type.
- Coolers of any size
- Cans, including aerosol cans (such as hair sprays)
12. Smoking Paraphernalia
- The stadium is a no smoking zone.
13. Any other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate
2. Small hand bag (4.5×8.0×6.00)
3. An exception will be made for medically necessary items
4. Small stadium cushions
5. Small cameras without a case
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
2. Inebriated and unmanageable guest will not be admitted into The Stadium.
3. Special arrangements will be made for spectators with disabilities.
4. Spectators and guest may only access areas for which they have a valid ticket or credential. Violation may result in the guest having their ticket revoked, ejection and arrest.
5. No scalping, sales or solicitation allowed on the stadium premises.
BANNERS and SIGNS
Guests are allowed to display hand held banners or signs in The Stadium provided they are in good taste and it’s not:
- Contain any derogatory community or profanity.
- Impede another guest view of the playing field.
- Contain any commercial or political content.
The Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium Staff has the right to remove any sign or banner in violation of its policy or that it deems as inappropriate.
The co-operation, patience and understanding of spectators are greatly appreciated by the IAAF local Organizing Committee, The Thomas A. Robinson National Stadium Staff and The Royal Bahamas Police Force. The co-operation of all spectators will greatly aid and enhance the level of security provided to all in attendance.